TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. Booking fee and Payment: Booking fee of 50 euros is due upon booking (to be payed within 48hrs of receiving the invoice, or booking is lost), and is non-refundable except in the event that Sara O’Connor Photography cancels the booking. Once paid the booking fee secures your session date and time. The remainder of the fee is due at the time of the session booked. Major debit and credit cards accepted.
2. Cancellation/Reschedule: In the event of an illness, please call as soon as possible to reschedule. Sara O’Connor Photography maintains the right to reschedule if needed due to inclement weather, illness, emergency, equipment malfunction or other circumstances beyond their control. Requests for rescheduling or re-shoots are granted only at the photographer’s discretion. Once agreed upon a final session date, you may reschedule your session up to 7 days prior to your photshoot if required. After this a 40.00 euros re-booking fee will be charged. In the event that Client arrives more than 30 minutes late, Photographer reserves the right to cancel the assignment with no refunds given.
3. For newborn sessions only: Due to the uncertain prediction of an exact arrival day of your baby, certain flexibility for booking the newborn session will apply. Your due date is to be pencil-booked in, however, this is subject to change depending on the exact date of birth. Please make sure to notify the photographer in the first 48h hours, when your baby is born, to secure your final booking. If left until longer, the photographer can not guarantee you your photoshoot within the perfect time frame regarding newborn photoshoots (when your baby is 6-12 days old).
4. Travel and Additional Fees: The client is responsible for covering additional fees and costs related to location choice (newborn photoshoot at home, photoshoots in location etc.). There's a flat rate of 15e, which covers fuel, parking and any extra cost of photoshoots outside the studio.
5. Electronic Devices: Cameras, mobilephone cameras, and camcorders are not permitted during sessions to capture or record the photoshoot unless requested by Sara O’Connor Photography.
6. Photographer's style Client acknowledges that she/he has viewed Photographers portfolio and is satisfied with the style of photography that is presented.
7. Modifications: If the client has a request for a small alteration of an image, please let the photographer know when you place your order. The photographer can address minor changes at no cost (fix blemishes, tighter crop, etc.), but more involved requests are billed at 35euros per hour. The photographer will let you know if there will be extra charges before work begins. Once the requested changes are made, charges apply regardless of whether the final product is purchased. The photographer will not begin design work or process orders until payment is complete.
8. Digital Images: Client will receive link to private online proofing gallery approximately 21 days after the photoshoot, where she/he can choose the images she/he likes. The final images are delivered as digital downloads on a private online gallery and Sara O’Connor Photography will provide detailed printing instructions. To ensure the best print quality, avoid altering the images before printing. The photographer is not responsible for printing errors or for quality of prints or products printed elsewhere. The digital proof gallery is available for your viewing for one week and the digital download gallery is available for the downloads for 2 weeks. After the time frame given by the photographer the digital galleries will be archived and there is a re-opening fee of 20 euros.
Prints and products have to be collected from Photographer or she will post them out to the Client.Photographer is not responsible for damage or loss of digital images, prints, products or USB flash drives after delivery to Client.
9. Re-shoots / Refunds: Re-shoots are determined at the discretion of the photographer. If Client's digital images are damaged or lost within the 21 days time from the session date for any reason on Photographers side and the final images weren’t delivered yet, then the session fee will be refunded to Client in full. Photographer is not responsible for loss or damage to the digital files due to circumstances beyond Photographers control after the 21 days from session date and no refunds will be given. Print products may not be returned for any reason other than damage or error on the part of the photographer at time of delivery. The photographer is not responsible for printing errors or for quality of prints or products printed elsewhere. If your product is damaged on the part of the photographer, it will be exchanged and re-ordered for the same product, undamaged. Re-shoots and refunds will not be given for poor choices of clothing, make-up, hair, uncooperative behavior in both children and adults, weather related issues, or by not following the recommendations of the photographer.
10. Copyright: It is understood that the copyright of all and any photographs belong to Sara O’Connor Photography and reserves the right to use the images for advertising, display, publication, or other purposes. The client signing a contract warrants that he or she has actual authority to agree to the use of the likeness of all persons included in the portrait in this manner and shall identify and defend the photographer in the event of litigation arising out of such use. We, the Client, give permission to Sara O'Connor Photography to use any image of our photo session for any general marketing and advertising purposes for Sara O'Connor Photography. Sara O'Connor Photography is entitled to use all images produced for i.e. exhibitions, editorials, digital and print marketing including social media platforms, publications, websites and/or display purposes.
Negatives, digital files and previews remain the exclusive property of this Studio/Photographer. Under no circumstances, can a client use these images for profit, commercial endeavors, professional display, or in competitions. Copying, scanning or taking screen shots images from the client’s gallery, Sara O’Connor Photography’s website, Facebook, Instagram or blog is considered stealing, regardless of the intent for use. No photographs may be copied or reproduced by any means photographic or otherwise by any person or machine other than by the photographer or her appointed agent, unless the high-resolution pictures are purchased by the Client.
11. Social Media: The Client may share blog post links and Facebook albums through use of the share functions and dissemination of direct links. Client shall not copy, download, screen shot, or capture the photographs in any other fashion. Releasing photographs online by the Client (i.e. Facebook, Instagram, blog or any other online channel) are prohibited unless the Sara O’Connor
Photography’s company name, Facebook page, Instagram account and/or Website is tagged or mentioned with the image for photo credits.
12. Photographer’s Standard Price List: The charges in this agreement are based on the Photographer’s Standard Price List. This price list is adjusted periodically and future orders shall be charged at the prices in effect at the time when the order is placed.
13. Liability: Client is aware that the quality of the end result print of the digital files delivered is not under the control of the photographer and frees the photographer from any liability for any claims whatsoever based upon discoloration in the end result print. The photographer is not responsible for the quality of services provided by its business partners.
Photographer is not responsible for any injuries or illnesses (including Corona virus/Covid-19) inflicted upon any participating parties. Client(s) will be responsible for their children and for themselves and release Photographer from any claims against their person or their business.
14.Indemnification Client hereby agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the Photographer from all liabilities, losses, claims, costs (including attorney’s fees and court costs), damages or expenses of whatever nature may result from injury to or death of persons, or damage, loss or destruction of property arising out of or in connection with the session or any products related thereto.
15. If the photographer cannot fulfill this Contract due to fire or other casualty, strike or other cause beyond the control of the parties, or due to the Photographer’s illness or emergency, then the photographer shall return any deposit or sitting fee to the Client but shall have no further liability with respect to the contract. This limitation on liability shall also apply in the event that photographic materials are damaged in processing, lost through camera or media malfunction, lost in the mail, or otherwise lost or damaged without fault on the part of the photographer. In the event the photographer fails to perform for any other reason, the photographer shall not be liable for any amount in excess of the retail value of the client’s order. The client releases Sara O’Connor Photography from all liabilities, claims and damages that may result from any accidents or incidents that may happen during the session.